Friday, July 15, 2011

I thought, it is easier ti discover

I thought, 'it's easier to discover someone's true self by the things she posts and not by your conversations with her' while reading tweets. All of a sudden, that felt a little strange. (still dislike tweets to a certain extent)


Revealing ourselves via platforms like twitter, facebook and blogger is so much easier than opening up to a friend/friends personally. i mean, i can't imagine taking my blog down and telling someone whatever i say here.

On one hand, it feels like we're being more open about ourselves. On the other hand, i think we're acually being more closed up. Closed up to actual human interaction.

Correct me if this is merely my opinion and not something closer to the truth, but I think these platforms reveal the fear of rejection in us. Or maybe the ongoing search for acceptance. Does no acceptance = rejection?

Posting on these media platforms allows anyone to comment. (anyone means: a wider audience, no specific target audience, meaning higher chances of getting responses. Getting responses = acceptance?)

Talking to a friend is not an easy task for we have to find the 'right time' and we don't always get the sufficient response we want. And i feel awkward sharing my thoughts sometimes.

Tonight i'll ask myself why

No comments: